- This event has passed.
Sanitary Sewer Utility Relocation on Gayley Ave.
September 30, 2021 @ 9:00 pm - October 7, 2021 @ 6:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until September 30, 2021
An event every week that begins at 11:00 pm on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until September 30, 2021
Metro contractors will relocate and upgrade the sanitary sewer lines on Gayley Ave in preparation for the Purple (D Line) Extension Section 3 project. The work consists of saw cutting, demolition, and trenching of the existing roadway to relocate sanitary sewer lines. Utility service and building access will be maintained.
Date: September 28 to October 5
- Monday through Friday, 9pm to 6am
- Continuous Weekends, Friday, 11 pm to Monday, 6 am
- Southbound lane reductions on Gayley Ave between Kinross Ave and Wilshire Blvd.
- Right turns will be restricted from southbound Gayley Ave to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd between Veteran Ave and Westwood Blvd per Stage 1 Pile Installation activities.
- Southbound Gayley Ave through traffic will be allowed.
- Street parking will be restricted in the southbound lane of Gayley Ave between Kinross Ave and Lindbrook Ave.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is dynamic and schedules are subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.