PLE3: West LA VA Hospital Campus Worksite Activities
June 30, 2023 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until December 31, 2027
West LA VA Hospital Campus Worksite Activities
Metro contractors will continue worksite preparation for the future Westwood/VA Hospital Station. Work includes well monitoring, instrumentation, tree relocation, utility relocation (storm drain, gas line and sewer capping), flagpole removal and storage, hauling of spoil materials, construction wall installation and other improvement activities to create the staging area for future construction work. This work will have a limited impact on local traffic on Wilshire Blvd. Access will be maintained for VA residents, and hospital guests and staff. The use of heavy equipment throughout the project site may cause intermittent noise.
Work Hours: Monday through Saturday, 7am to 5pm
- Intermittent lane reductions on Bonsall Ave. and Dowlen Dr.
- Hadley Ln. will be restricted from Bonsall Ave. for the duration of the project.
- Flaggers will maintain traffic safety as needed.
- Temporary traffic restrictions on the VA campus may be required while construction personnel and equipment enter and exit the work area.
- Access will be maintained from the south VA gate at Sawtelle Blvd and Ohio Ave.
- Exploratory drilling will be done at Lot 42, west of Bonsall, and west of Hadley Ln.
- August 2 through 13, Monday through Friday, 7am to 5pm.
Demobilization of Heavy Equipment
- Tentative in August, dates TBD.
- Will require closure of eastbound Wilshire Blvd. on-ramp.
Truck Hauling from VA Hospital Campus
Metro contractors will continue hauling supplies and machinery in and out of the VA Hospital Campus, using intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd.
Monday through Friday, 9am to 3:30pm and 9pm to 6am
Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 9pm and 9pm to 6am
Complimentary VA Shuttle Service
Shuttle service is available for VA staff and guests from parking lots 3, 6, and 7 to the Main Hospital, VA Building 500.
Shuttle runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In accordance with CDC health guidelines, each shuttle trip will be limited to no more than six (6) total passengers, including two (2) passengers using wheelchairs. Face masks must be worn at all times while on VA Hospital Campus.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
- For VA-related issues, please call VAPD at 310.268.4524.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.