- This event has passed.
PLE3: Utility Relocation on Westwood Blvd near Ashton Ave
September 3 @ 7:00 am - September 14 @ 9:00 pm
Metro contractors will continue utility relocation for the sanitary sewer lines on Wilshire Blvd., Westwood Blvd., Ashton Ave., and Midvale Ave. in preparation for the Purple (D Line) Extension Section 3 project. The work consists of the saw cutting, demolition, trenching of existing pipe, and installation of sewer manholes. Construction activities will be done in stages and updates will be posted online as needed. Utility services will be maintained.
Ashton Ave. and Midvale Ave.
Date: August 23 through September 3
Work hours: 7am to 9pm
- Northbound traffic on Midvale Ave. will be restricted.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on Ashton Ave. will be restricted.
- Traffic closures will be in place for a continuous 10-day period to allow sanitary sewer pumps to run 24/7.
- Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.