PLE2: Wilshire/Rodeo: Monthly Lookahead
September 1 - September 30
This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of September 2021. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by Metro’s project team. To be added to the Purple (D) Line stakeholder list for weekly updates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contractor will conduct utility potholing on Wilshire Blvd between Dayton Way and Rexford Dr. to prepare for installation of SCE Permanent Power Feeds to the station.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. Potholing is anticipated to continue through mid-October. Utility installation will follow potholing. More details will be provided in future construction notices.
- Wilshire Blvd. may be reduced to two lanes in each direction within the work areas.
- The contractor will implement noise mitigation measures to reduce sound impacts to adjacent properties.
Ongoing Station Construction
Construction of the underground station will be ongoing through 2024. Deliveries of material, equipment, and concrete will continue daily. Work hours underneath the deck are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A breakdown of daily work hours on street level and the respective traffic controls are described below:
- From 7-9am and 4-8:15pm, Wilshire Blvd. will remain open with three lanes in each direction between El Camino Dr. and Crescent Dr.
- From 9am-4pm, Wilshire Blvd. may be reduced to two lanes in each direction between
El Camino Dr. and Crescent Dr.
- From 8:15pm to 7am, Wilshire Blvd. may be reduced to one lane in each direction between El Camino Dr. and Crescent Dr. Concrete placement and deliveries will be ongoing in this area.
- Traffic control may also be implemented on Beverly Dr. At least one through traffic lane will be maintained in both directions.
Ongoing Installation of Geotechnical Instrumentation
- Instrument installations continue along the tunnel alignment and around the station box area to monitor ground movement, settlement, and other geological impacts. These installations take place along the public right-of-way as well as on private properties. The design-build contractor will closely coordinate installation with private property owners.
- Installation of 10-foot geotechnical instrumentation poles will be ongoing along the tunnel alignment throughout the tunneling operation.
- Work hours on Wilshire Blvd. are Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm and on residential streets from 8am to 6pm.
- Installations may occur along Wilshire Blvd. from Linden Dr. to La Cienega Blvd., and on adjacent streets including Young Dr., Lasky Dr., S. Moreno Dr., Charleville Blvd.,
Spalding Dr., Linden Dr., Swall Dr., Wetherly Dr., Oakhurst Dr., Bedford Dr., N. Canon Dr., Beverly Dr., Doheny Dr., Brighton Wy, and Robertson Blvd. This work may require intermittent closures of traffic lanes, alleys, sidewalks, crosswalks, bus stops, and parking meters during work hours.
Request for Holiday Moratorium Exemption
- The Project has submitted an application to the City requesting a waiver of the Holiday Moratorium, which would allow work to continue after the Thanksgiving Holiday through New Year’s Eve. No work would occur on Thanksgiving Day or the day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day. If approved by City Council, the contractor will continue ongoing station and entrance construction, tunnel support, and installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation.
- This request will be brought forward for City Council consideration at the October 12th City Council meeting.
- Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
- Note: No work will occur on Labor Day (September 6th), Erev Rosh Hashanah (September 6th) or Rosh Hashanah (September 7th through 8th until 8:15pm). Additionally, no work will occur on Erev Yom Kippur (September 15th after 4pm) or Yom Kippur (September 16th before 8:15pm).
- All work will receive necessary permits and approvals from City of Beverly Hills prior to the start of work.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For urgent construction related matters needing immediate attention please call the Metro 24/7 Hotline at 213.922.6934 or City of Beverly Hills Customer Service at 310.285.2467.
Next Community Meeting: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Lunch with Us Webinar: Sections 1 & 2 Construction Update: 12pm to 1pm, via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/96626476708 . If unable to use a smartphone, please call 669.900.9128, and enter the webinar ID: 966 2647 6708