PLE2: Century City/Constellation Station Monthly Lookahead
January 1 - January 31
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until December 1, 2021
This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities in Century City for the month of January 2022.
All work has received necessary permits and approvals or is pending approval. Dates are subject to change. Additional notices detailing these activities are sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. To be added to the Purple (D) Line stakeholder list for construction updates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relocation of Sanitary Sewer and Storm Drains
- Utility work is anticipated to begin in January to relocate a sanitary sewer and storm drain from within the project footprint. This work is anticipated for completion in early 2022.
- Partial traffic lane closures will be required overnight on Avenue of the Stars.
- Work hours for the first stages of work are Monday through Friday from 8pm to 6am.
- Additional notices will be provided as the work schedule progresses.
Ongoing Station Excavation and Traffic Configuration
- Excavation is underway for the underground station beneath Constellation Blvd. and is anticipated for completion in the 1st quarter of 2022. This work will take place 24 hours a day Monday through Friday.
- Partial traffic lane closures are currently in place on Constellation Blvd. to facilitate station excavation, hauling, and material delivery for station construction. Eastbound and westbound vehicle access on Constellation Blvd. is being maintained between Century Park West and Century Park East.
- Excavation of the station entrance is also underway, and activities in support of excavation will be ongoing.
- All driveways are accessible. Fairmont Century Plaza event driveway is accessible from eastbound Constellation Blvd at Century Park West. Craft valet is located on the south side of Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars.
Tunneling (day and night work)
- Both tunnel boring machines (TBMs) have tunneled east of Century City and have arrived at the Wilshire/Rodeo Station located in Beverly Hills. They will continue tunneling until they reach the eastern terminus at Wilshire Blvd. just west of La Cienega Blvd. Work hours are Monday through Saturday from 6am to 3am.
Work within Construction Staging Yards (day work and weekend nights)
- Ongoing construction and support of the TBMs continues within the sound walls at the staging yards located at 1940, 1950, 2010 and 2040 Century Park East.
Next Community Meeting:
- Sections 1, 2, and 3: Wednesday, February 2, 2022 from 12 to 1pm | Meeting Link