PLE1: Wilshire/La Cinega TBM Removal
September 23 @ 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Beginning Tuesday, July 6, the Purple Line Extension design-builder will begin removing the tunnel boring machines (TBMs) from the La Cienega Station. Due to the size of each machine, the disassembly and removal will be done in sections. This work is anticipated to continue for approximately three months. The N. Gale Dr. full closure at Wilshire Blvd. will remain in place for extended hours while the trucks remove the TBM sections.
- Hauling hours:
- Sunday to Thursday, 9:00pm to 6am, potentially two loads per day
- Monday to Saturday, 7am to 4pm, multiple loads per day.
Where: Wilshire/La Cienega Station
- Larger loads will require escorts to ensure maximum safety.
- Temporary lane reductions may be required along the route.
- Temporary intersection or street closures may be required along the route.
- The N. Gale Dr. full closure at Wilshire Blvd. will remain in place for extended hours from 6:00 am to midnight, as needed.
- Access for emergency vehicles and first responders will be maintained.
- Access to driveways will be maintained along the haul routes.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Information Line: 213-922-6934
Business Interruption Fund
Metro’s Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).