- This event has passed.
PLE1: Wilshire/La Cienega TBM Removal
September 23 @ 12:00 am - 6:00 am
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until October 7, 2021
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until October 6, 2021
Beginning Tuesday, July 6, the Purple Line Extension design-builder will begin removing the tunnel boring machines (TBMs) from the La Cienega Station. Due to the size of each machine, the disassembly and removal will be done in sections. This work is anticipated to continue for approximately three months. The N. Gale Dr. full closure at Wilshire Blvd. will remain in place for extended hours while the trucks remove the TBM sections.
- Hauling hours:
- Sunday to Thursday, 12 to 6:00 am, potentially two loads per day.
- Monday to Saturday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, multiple loads per day.
Where: Wilshire/La Cienega Station
- Larger loads will require escorts to ensure maximum safety.
- Temporary lane reductions may be required along the route.
- Temporary intersection or street closures may be required along the route.
- The N. Gale Dr. full closure at Wilshire Blvd. will remain in place for extended hours from 6:00 am to midnight, as needed.
- Access for emergency vehicles and first responders will be maintained.
- Access to driveways will be maintained along the haul routes.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Information Line:213-922-6934