- This event has passed.
PLE1: Wilshire/La Brea Station Construction Area – Directional Closure
September 2 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. Directional Closure – Saturday, August 21
On Saturday, August 21, from 7am to 7pm, eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be closed to all traffic at La Brea Ave. This closure will support concrete and material deliveries to the La Brea Station. Work crews will also be conducting utility maintenance on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between Mansfield Ave. and Orange Dr. between 7am and 7pm.
When: Saturday, August 21, from 7am to 7pm
Where: Wilshire Blvd. and La Brea Ave.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be fully closed from the east side of the Wilshire/La Brea intersection to Orange Dr. The traffic taper will begin at Cochran Ave.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. between Mansfield Ave. and La Brea Ave. will be reduced to a single lane.
- Local access to Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained at Orange Dr.
Eastbound traffic will be detoured along the following route:
- At La Brea Ave. turn left, heading north.
- At 6th St. turn right, heading east.
- At Highland Ave. turn right, heading south.
- Continue onto Wilshire Blvd.
- The north-south crosswalk on the west side of the Wilshire/Sycamore intersection will be maintained.
- Access to the shopping center at Wilshire and Sycamore will be restricted from Wilshire Blvd. Access is maintained on Sycamore Ave.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Business Interruption Fund
Metro’s Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).