- This event has passed.
PLE1: Southwest Fairfax Ave. and Wilshire Blvd. Appendage Work Zone
Beginning Saturday, August 8, 2020 and continuing for one year, Wilshire Blvd. between San Diego Way and Spaulding Ave. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Fairfax Ave. will see no traffic impacts; however, a K-Rail work zone will be implemented on the southwest corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. (shown on the map below.) This traffic control supports appendage construction immediately adjacent to the Wilshire/Fairfax Station.
- August 8, for one year, 24 hours per day.
- Wilshire Blvd. between San Diego Way and Spaulding Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. reduced to two lanes in each direction between San Diego Way and Spaulding Ave.
- Left turns from Wilshire Blvd. to Fairfax Ave. will be maintained.
- K-Rail will be implemented on Fairfax Ave. and on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between San Diego Way and Fairfax Ave.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access to the 6100 building will not be restricted.
- All sidewalks in the area will remain open.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934