PLE 1: Subsurface Investigation – Wilshire/Stanley
December 10 @ 9:00 pm - December 13 @ 6:00 am
Over the next couple of weekends in December starting on December 10 to December 13, the design builder will be implementing intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Carson Rd. This traffic control will support subsurface investigation work along the tunnel alignment. This will determine if additional Jet Grouting and Soil Improvement activities will be required within the Tunnel Tracks. The Jet Grouting and Soil Improvement work will commence within a K-Rail Enclosure on Wilshire Blvd. between Stanley Dr. and Le Doux Rd. The K-Rail Enclosure would be implemented in January, reducing Wilshire Blvd. to two lanes in each direction for approximately 4 months. Additional details on this work will be available in a future construction notice.
- Friday, December 10 to Monday, December 13
- Work hours: Friday at 9pm through Monday at 6am
- Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Carson Rd.
- Traffic Control 1: Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Carson Rd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Left turn movements from Wilshire Blvd. onto Stanley Dr. and Le Doux Rd. will be restricted.
- Traffic Control 2: Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. between Carson Rd. and Le Doux Rd. will be reduced to a single lane.
- Traffic Control 3: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Stanley Dr. will be reduced to a single lane.
Please note: Traffic Control 1, 2, and 3 will not be implemented concurrently.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- All sidewalks in the area will remain open.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline:213-922-6934