Pile Installation and support of excavation work will continue the north side of Wilshire Blvd between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Ave. The “piles” support the underground walls for the future Westwood/UCLA Station. The street will be restriped, and concrete “k-rail” barriers will be placed on Wilshire Blvd to protect the public outside of the work zones. Piling work will be completed in stages, and notices will be updated online each week.
Date: September 24, 2021 to January 23, 2022
- Monday through Thursday 9pm to 5am, Pile Drilling Activities and 5am to 9pm, Maintenance Work
- Friday, 8pm to 8am Saturday, Pile Drilling Activities and Friday, 5am to 8pm, Maintenance Work
- Saturday, 4pm to 8am Sunday, Pile Drilling Activities and Saturday, 8am to 4pm, Maintenance Work
- Sunday, 4pm to 5am Monday, Pile Drilling Activities, and Sunday, 8am to 4pm, Maintenance Work.
*No work on December 25 and January 1.
- Wilshire Blvd will be reduced to two lanes for westbound traffic and three lanes for eastbound traffic between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Ave.
- During nighttime drilling activities, the sidewalk north of Wilshire Blvd between Gayley Ave and Westwood Blvd will be closed to the public. The sidewalk will be open to businesses and pedestrians Monday through Thursday, 5am to 10pm, Fridays, 5am to 9pm, and on weekends, 8am to 5pm. Pedestrians will be detoured to the south side of Wilshire Blvd. during the drilling closures.
- Additional lane reductions will be required from 11pm to 6am each night.
- The east leg crosswalk on Wilshire Blvd and Gayley Ave will be closed from 9am to 3:30pm on December 22 to December 31, 2021 for support of excavation activities.
- Veteran Ave and Glendon Ave will remain open during piling activities.
- Wilshire Blvd will be restripe
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless otherwise noted in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is dynamic and schedules are subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Part of Stage 1– Wilshire Blvd Between Gayley Avenue and Westwood Avenue Map
Metro bus stops may be relocated, or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.