Piling on Wilshire Blvd between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Ave
October 12 @ 7:00 am - November 17 @ 11:00 pm
Piling continues on the north side of Wilshire Blvd between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Ave. The piles support the underground walls for the future Westwood/UCLA Station. Restriping and concrete “k-rail” barriers will be installed on Wilshire Blvd to protect the public outside of the work zones. Piling work will be completed in stages and notices will be updated online each week.
- Date: September 24 to October 30
- Work hours: 7am to 9pm for drilling activities, 9pm to 11pm for maintenance
- Wilshire Blvd will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd will have K-rail barriers and will be restriped with new traffic configurations.
- Additional lane reductions will be required from 11pm to 6am each night.
- Veteran Ave and Glendon Ave will remain open during piling activities.
- During the installation on new striping and k-rail barriers on September 24 through September 27, Wilshire Blvd will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Glendon Ave and Veteran Ave.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless otherwise noted in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is dynamic and schedules are subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Metro bus stops may be relocated, or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.