Piling on Wilshire Blvd between Gayley Ave and Veteran Ave
September 24 @ 7:00 am - November 5 @ 11:00 pm
Piling will continue on the north side of Wilshire Blvd between Gayley Ave and Veteran Ave. The “piles” support the underground walls for the future Westwood/UCLA Station. The street will be restriped, and concrete “k-rail” barriers will be placed on Wilshire Blvd to protect the public outside of the work zones. Piling work will be completed in stages, and notices will be updated online each week.
- Date: September 24 to November 5
- Work hours:
– 7am to 9pm, Pile Drilling Activities
– 9pm to 11pm, Maintenance Work
- Wilshire Blvd will be reduced to two lanes for westbound traffic and three lanes for eastbound traffic between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd will be restriped and protective concrete barriers will be placed around the construction work zone. Beginning Friday, September 24, at 9pm and continuing through Monday, September 27, at 5am, Wilshire Blvd will be restricted to one lane in each direction between Glendon Ave and Veteran Ave.
- The north sidewalk of Wilshire Blvd will be closed between Gayley Ave and Veteran Ave. The sidewalk closure will continue through the completion of pile installation work in Stage 1.
- Additional lane reductions will be required from 11pm to 6am each night.
- Veteran Ave and Glendon Ave will remain open during piling activities.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is dynamic and schedules are subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Part of Stage 1- Wilshire Blvd Between Gayley Avenue and Veteran Avenue Map
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.