Ongoing work in Caltrans Basin
July 20, 2022 @ 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until June 30, 2028
An event every week that begins at 9:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until June 30, 2028
Metro contractors will work in the Caltrans basin near southbound I-405 in preparation for the Purple (D Line) Extension Section 3. The work includes tree removal, excavation, and drainage structure installation Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm and 9pm to 6am.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm and 9pm to 6am
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound I-405 on-ramp will be closed from 12am to 6am
- Southbound I-405 to eastbound Wilshire Blvd. off-ramp will be closed from 9am to 2pm and 9pm to 5am
- Ramp shoulders will be closed during work activities
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.