- This event has passed.
Map Kiosk Foundation Installation
October 7 @ 9:00 am - October 14 @ 3:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until October 14, 2021
Metro’s contractors will perform map kiosk foundation installations as part of the Eastside Access Improvements Project.
- The construction activities include drilling and concrete restoration.
- Parking will be reduced during construction between 2nd/3rd St.
- Thru traffic maintained.
- Access to pedestrians will be maintained outside of the work area. Construction equipment will be staged and demobilized from the site daily.
The Eastside Access Improvements Project brings a wide range of improvements that safeguard pedestrian and cyclists’ movements from transit to and through Little Tokyo and the Arts District.
Improvements include various streetscape elements such as:
- New and Improved Lighting
- Access Ramps
- Tree Planting
- Kiosks/Wayfinding Signs
- Defined Pedestrian/Bicycle Pathways and More
What to Expect
Ten (10) Map Kiosk Foundation Installations
- Southwest Corner: 1st St / Central Av
- Northeast sidewalk: 2nd St / Central Av
- Northeast sidewalk: 2nd St / Alameda Av
- Southwest sidewalk: 1st St / Alameda Av
- Southeast Sidewalk: 1st St / San Pedro St
- Northwest sidewalk: 2nd St
- Northeast sidewalk: 3rd St/ Garey St
- Southwest sidewalk: 2nd St / 3rd St
- Southeast sidewalk: 3rd St / Santa Fe Av
- Southeast sidewalk: Azusa St / San Pedro St
Approximately five (5) day work duration anticipated to begin as soon as Thursday, October 7, 2021.
Hours of Construction:
Monday – Friday, 9am to 3:30pm
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. For questions or complaints, contact our project hotline at 213.922.1111 or email email@example.com.