- This event has passed.
Hope St Deck Removal & Pedestrian Bridge Construction
November 19, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 9, 2021
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue with an extended closure of Hope St between 2nd St and 3rd St to allow for deck removal, utility relocation, and pedestrian bridge construction. The closure will be in place through August 9, 2021. Anticipated work hours are 6am to midnight Monday through Friday, 6am to 9pm on Saturdays. Additional work may be scheduled at a later date. A supplemental notice will be issued once work is scheduled.
Activities will include set up for traffic, moving of k-rail, and restriping of streets. Daily activities include installation of new utilities, saw cutting, excavation, encasement, backfill, deck removal, rebar/concrete placement, and street restoration.
Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the work area. Closure of the east sidewalk at Hope St between GTK Way and 2nd St. Detour: use the alternate route signage.
What to Expect
- Access to adjacent businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Local access maintained from 3rd St to General Thaddeus Kosciuszko Way (GTK) Way.
- For access to GTK Way, use Lower Grand or S Olive St.
- Northbound (NB): right on 3rd St, left on Grand Av, left on 1st St, right back onto Hope St.
- Southbound (SB): left on 1st St, right on Grand Av, right on 3rd St, back onto Hope St.