- This event has passed.
Geotechnical Equipment Removal
September 23, 2021 @ 9:30 am - November 16, 2021 @ 5:30 am
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue the removal of geotechnical instrumentation equipment. Work is anticipated to continue Thursday, September 23, 2021, and continue for approximately eight weeks. Work hours are 9 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
Lane reductions will be in place during work hours at the following locations:
- On 2nd St between Central Av and Los Angeles St
- On 2nd St between Los Angeles St and Main
- On 2nd St north of Spring & Broadway intersections
- On Broadway between 2nd St and Hill St
- On Flower St between 3rd St and 4th St
Also, RCC will continue the removal of geotechnical instrumentation equipment at the 2nd St tunnel, between Hill St and Figueroa. Work is anticipated to begin November 2, 2021, and continue for approximately two weeks. Work hours, weather permitting, are 7 pm to 5 am, Monday through Saturday.
An eastbound and westbound directional closure of the 2nd St tunnel between Hill St and Figueroa will in place intermittently. One traffic pattern will be implemented at a time.
Activities include traffic control, mobilization, saw cutting, excavation, equipment removal, grouting, and paving.
Local access will be maintained.
What to Expect
- Thru traffic will be maintained.
- Lane reductions in place to allow for removal.
- Pedestrians will be detoured outside the construction zone.
Eastbound 2nd. St. Tunnel Detour:
- Left on Figueroa St, right on 1st St, and right on Spring St, back to 2nd St.
Westbound 2nd. St. Tunnel Detour:
- Right on Hill St, left on 1st St, left on Beaudry, back to 2nd St.
*Dates are subject to change.