G Line (Orange) Advanced Utility Relocation
March 8, 2022 @ 9:00 am - November 23, 2022 @ 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until May 31, 2022
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Saturday, repeating until May 31, 2022
On behalf of Metro’s G Line (Orange) BRT Improvements Project, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) and Charter Spectrum will relocate their respective utility lines as part of Advanced Utility Relocation (AUR) work activities. The work will be performed in multiple phases along Vesper Av and will include lane and full street closures throughout the duration of these work activities.
The G Line (Orange) BRT Improvements Project is an upcoming Metro transit project that includes building up to 35 railroad-style gates at intersections along the G Line, constructing grade separated structures at major streets, and bike path improvements. The project is designed to improve bus speeds and safety and prepare the San Fernando Valley bus rapid transit line for future conversion to light rail. Major construction for the G Line (Orange) BRT Improvements Project is anticipated to begin in year 2023.
Construction work activities will include trenching and conduit work.
Construction is a dynamic process and work schedules and timelines are subject to change.
What: LADWP and Charter Spectrum Utility Relocation
When: September 13, 2021 – May 31, 2022
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Saturday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Where: Vesper Av between Oxnard St to Calvert St
Work activities will be performed in multiple phases:
- Phase 1: Vesper Av and Oxnard St intersection closed to northbound and southbound cross traffic
- Phase 2: Vesper Av northbound lane closure at Oxnard St
- Phase 3: Vesper Av full street closure at Oxnard St to Aetna St
- Phase 4: Vesper Av full street closure at Oxnard St to Bessemer St
- Phase 5: Vesper Av northbound lane closure at G-Line (Orange) Busway to Bessemer St
- Phase 6: Vesper Av full street closure at Bessemer St to Calvert St
- Phase 7: Vesper Av full street closure at Aetna St to Bessemer St
What to Expect
- Parking restrictions at certain locations, please follow signage
- All travel lanes will be reopened to vehicular traffic after work hours
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained