- This event has passed.
Flower St South of 5th St Decking Removal
November 22 @ 7:00 pm - November 26 @ 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Sunday, Monday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until November 22, 2021
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue the removal of temporary concrete deck panels on Flower St, between 5th St and Wilshire Bl. Work is anticipated to begin on Friday, June 11, 2021 and continue for approximately twenty-two weekends.
June 11, 18, 25
July 9, 16, 21, 30
August 6, 13, 20, 27
September 10, 17, 24
October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
November 5, 12, 19
Street closure work hours, weather permitting, are Fridays, 7 pm, to Mondays, 5 am.
- Activities include traffic control mobilization, equipment mobilization, saw cutting, pavement removal, deck panel removal, delivery of backfill material, final utility placement, paving, along with civil restorations.
- Temporary closure of crosswalks at Flower St, 5th St, 6th St, and Wilshire Bl will be in place during work hours. Pedestrians will be detoured outside the construction zone.
What to Expect
- Full weekend closures of Flower St, between 5th St and 6th St and between 6th St and Wilshire Bl. Detour information:
- Southbound (SB) Hope St: left at 1st St, right at Grand Av, right at 7th St, back onto Flower St.
- SB Flower St: right at 5th St, right on Figueroa, right on 4th St (upper), right on Hope Pl, right on Grand Av, right on 7th St, back to Flower St.
- Select weekend closures of the eastbound 6th St off-ramp of the I-110 Freeway are anticipated when working at the 6th St and Flower St intersection.
- Local access to businesses within the work zone will be coordinated.
- Construction equipment will be staged and demobilized from the site daily.
- This work is being coordinated with other activities in the area to minimize impacts to the community.