- This event has passed.
East SF Valley Light Rail Transit: Utility Exploratory Excavation Work
July 13, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - July 14, 2021 @ 6:00 am
An event every week that begins at 8:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until July 16, 2021
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Saturday, repeating until July 17, 2021
Metro will perform small excavations to confirm the location of utilities and other underground structures that may be located under the East San Fernando Valley Light Rail Transit alignment. The work will continue until the end of Summer 2021.
Approved work hours are:
- Weekdays from June 28 to July 16, 2021. Work Hours: 8pm to 6am
- Weekends from June 26 to July 17, 2021. Work Hours: Saturdays from 8am to 6pm
Work will occur intermittently at various street intersections. Due to this activity:
- Van Nuys Bl may be reduced to one lane in each direction at the identified intersections. The bike lane will be shared with the vehicular lane.
- Left turn lanes will be prohibited at identified intersections northbound and southbound on Van Nuys Bl.
- Curb lane parking may be prohibited on Van Nuys Bl between the identified intersections.
The schedule below reflects the work on the intersections along Van Nuys Bl.
- June 26: Osborne St / Keswick St
- June 28: Vincennes St / Keswick St
- June 29: Tupper St / Keswick St
- June 30: Osborne St / Keswick St
- July 1: Osborne St / Keswick St
- July 3: Tupper St / Vincennes St
- July 6: Tupper St / Parthenia St
- July 7: Keswick St / Parthenia St
- July 8: Keswick St / Parthenia St
- July 10: Parthenia St / Saticoy St
- July 12: Parthenia St / Saticoy St
- July 13: Gledhill St
- July 14: Gledhill St / Titus St
- July 15: Gledhill St / Titus St
- July 17: Parthenia St
What to Expect
- Please look for posted signs at affected bus stops, as bus stops may be temporarily relocated due to this activity.
- Work that is louder than ambient noise will be monitored, and will only take place during daytime hours.
- Dates are subject to change.
- All work has approved permits from local jurisdictions