- This event has passed.
ESFVLRT: Utility Exploration
June 23 @ 8:00 pm - June 24 @ 6:00 am
An event every week that begins at 8:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until June 27, 2021
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Saturday, repeating until June 28, 2021
Metro will perform small excavations to confirm the location of utilities and other underground structures that may be located under the East San Fernando Valley Light Rail Transit alignment. The work will continue until the end of Summer 2021.
This work will occur intermittently at various street intersections. Due to this activity:
- Van Nuys Bl maybe reduced to one lane in each direction at certain intersections. The bike lane will be shared with the vehicular lane.
- Left turn lanes will be prohibited at identified intersections northbound and southbound on Van Nuys Bl.
- Curb land parking may be prohibited on Van Nuys Bl between the identified intersections.
Utility exploratory excavations include potholing, trenching, saw cutting, jackhammering, and pavement restoration. Potholing and trenching will not have loud noise during the nighttime hours of operation on Monday through Thursday. Daytime Saw cutting and jackhammering sound will be monitored and will only take place on Friday and Saturday.
WHAT: Utility Exploration
WHEN: Monday – Friday, June 10 – 24, 2021, 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Saturday, June 19 – 26, 2021, 8 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: The schedule below reflects the work on the intersections along Van Nuys Bl.
|Date||Intersections / Van Nuys Bl|
|June 10||Sherman Way / Vose St / Wyandotte St|
|June 11||Sherman Way / Valerio St / Covello St|
|June 14||Rayen St / Covello St|
|June 15||Osborne St|
|June 16||Osborne St / Tupper St|
|June 17||Vincennes St / Tupper St|
|June 19||Pathenia St / Saticoy St|
|June 21 – June 24||Rayen St / Covello St|
|June 26||Parthenia St / Keswick St|
What to Expect
- Please look for posted signs at affected bus stops, as bus stops may be temporarily relocated due to this activity.
- Work that is louder than ambient noise will be monitored, and will only take place during daytime hours.
- Dates are subject to change.
- All work has approved permits from local jurisdictions