- This event has passed.
ESFV Utility Relocation
August 17 @ 8:00 pm - 6:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until June 30, 2022
An event every week that begins at 8:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until June 30, 2022
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until June 30, 2022
Light Rail Transit (LRT) is coming to the heart of the San Fernando Valley. This new LRT project will provide connections to key destinations and greater opportunities for transit users to connect to the growing transit network in the San Fernando Valley.
The East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project is a 9.2-mile light rail system extending from Van Nuys Metro G Line (Orange) station to the Sylmar/San Fernando Metrolink Station. The initial operating segment (IOS) extends 6.7 miles from Van Nuys Blvd at the Metro G Line (Orange) to San Fernando Rd, it is entirely at-grade and includes 11 new stations. Additional studies are underway to determine the remaining operating segment from San Fernando Rd continuing to Hubbard Rd.
Metro is beginning utility investigation work ahead of the construction of the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project. This work includes potholing and trenching along Van Nuys Blvd during the weekdays, weeknights, and weekends.
When: July 2021 – early 2022
- Weekdays from 9am to 3:30pm
- Weeknights from 8pm to 6am
- Weekends from 8am to 6pm
Where: Van Nuys Bl from Oxnard St to San Fernando Rd. The work will be performed in the following segments:
- Segment A: Van Nuys Bl from Oxnard St to south of Saticoy St
- Segment B: Van Nuys Bl from south of Saticoy St to North of Plummer St
- Segment C: Van Nuys Bl from Plummer St to San Fernando Rd
What to Expect:
- Short-term traffic impacts due to lane reductions and closures. The road will be reopened to vehicular traffic and parking daily after work hours. Detours will be provided, as necessary.
- Parking will also be restricted in posted areas, please follow the signage.
- Bus stops may be temporarily relocated, as necessary.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.