- This event has passed.
E-Bike 101 Ride in El Monte presented by BEST
May 22 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
About this event
**REGISTRATIONS WILL BE CAPPED AT 50 PEOPLE TO ENSURE SAFETY AND COMFORT FOR ALL PARTCIPANTS**
Join ActiveSGV for a fun ride to introduce you to the world of E-Bikes, presented by Metro’s Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program. The ride will start at the Jeff Seymour Family Center with stops at Peck Park and throughout Downtown El Monte. The ride will feature stops at local points of interest in the City of El Monte, beginning and ending at ActiveSGV’s bicycle campus located in the Jeff Seymour Family Center. We will introduce you to information you will need to know about E-bikes, rules of the road and helpful tips when riding E-bikes. You will be able to bring your own E-bike or register to rent an E-bike for the duration of the ride.
Pre-registration and attendance confirmation is required for all participants. Once you are registered, we will send you a waiver and location information to confirm your attendance. If you are attending with other family members, each person must be registered separately in order to attend. Register now to guarantee your spot!
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2022
Timeline: 9:00am – 11:30am
- 9:00am – Meet at Jeff Seymour Family Center
- 9:30am – Roll
- 10:00am – Arrive at El Monte Bike Hub
- 10:30am – Arrive at Peck Road Water Conservation Park
- 11:30am – End at Jeff Seymour Family Center
Start/End: Jeff Seymour Family Center (10900 Mulhall St., El Monte, CA 91731)
Route: Approx. 6.9-mile route
- Public Transit: Arcadia Station and Local Buses; El Monte Transit Center and Local Buses
- Parking: Free parking is available at the Jeff Seymour Family Center
Experience Level: Beginner / Intermediate
What to Bring:
- A functional electric bike (or register to rent when during registration)
- Mask or face covering
- Helmet (required if under 18)
- Bike Lights (front white light and rear red light)
- Water Bottle (with water)
- Bikes with training wheels are not permitted, but children are welcome to attend if pulled in a trailer or on-bike child seat
*** PLEASE NOTE: All ride participants must sign this waiver to participate. A parent or legal guardian is required to sign for and accompany any minors under 18 participating in the ride. ***
**RAIN POLICY: In the event of a rain forecast, we will contact you 24 hours in advance to confirm or cancel the ride**
ActiveSGV will be following CDC mask guidance to ensure the safety and comfort for all participants and instructors. Please keep in mind the following rules while attending the ride:
- You must confirm your attendance in advance of the ride so we know to expect you and hold your spot. Every attendee must sign-in and complete a waiver.
- If you are feeling sick or unwell, please stay home. There are many virtual class and self-guided ride options still available.
- People may choose to wear a mask at any time. Please bring a mask or face covering to wear at ride stops and socially distance from others on the ride not in your household.
- Staff and ride marshals reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who does not follow these protocols.
Check out these other Bike Month events:
Virtual Classes (English)
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road (May 9)
- Bike Maintenance: Fix-A-Flat (May 12)
- Bike Share 101: Safety Basics (May 13)
- Bicycling 101: Rules of the Road for Night Riding (May 26)
- Experience the El Monte Emerald Necklace (May 7)
- Walk Bike Glendale Ride with Mayor Kassakhian (May 14)
- Bike Share to the Beach – Santa Monica/Venice (May 14)
- Bike to Work Day Lunch Ride – Chinatown (May 19)
- Green Book History in South LA (May 21)
- E-Bike 101 Ride – El Monte (May 22)
This event is made possible by Metro Los Angeles and ActiveSGV.
Metro’s Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program currently offers bike classes at 4 different levels—Bicycling 101 and 1, 2, 3. If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
ActiveSGV provides community events, family-friendly bike rides, open streets, transit improvements, green infrastructure, and advocacy for a more sustainable, equitable and livable San Gabriel Valley!