CLAX: Live Train Testing
November 1, 2021 @ 7:00 am - January 1, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on live train testing of train control and communication systems.
WHAT: Live Train Testing
WHEN: Continuing November 1, 2021 through January 1, 2022 7am to 5pm, 5pm to 2am Monday through Sunday, excluding holidays. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Intersection crossings affected during the testing schedule include:
City of Los Angeles: 48th St., 50th St., 52nd St., 54th St., 57th St., Slauson Ave., 59th St., Brynhurst Ave. and West Blvd.
City of Inglewood: High St., Centinela Av., Ivy Av., Eucalyptus Av., Cedar Av., Oak St., Hindry Av. and Arbor Vitae St.
What to Expect
- Intermittent delays at the railroad crossings periodically throughout the day.
- Safety officials will assist with traffic management at the intersection/railroad crossings as the train passes.
- Trains will be traveling at variable speeds.
- Signals, bells, and horns will activate as the train approaches each street crossing.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
- Please obey all warning signs and traffic signals
- Never walk on tracks
- Watch for trains from both directions
- Use crosswalks. Do not jaywalk across the tracks