Bus Operator Hiring Event (December)
December 17 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
If you are 21 years old or older and interested in becoming a Metro bus operator, don’t miss our one-day hiring event on Saturday, December 17. Staff will be conducting same-day interviews, bus operator candidate assessment testing and background checks – all in one day! Successful candidates can secure a conditional job offer.*
Free onsite parking is available or go by bus:
Metro Lines 60, 260
Long Beach Transit Lines 51, 61, 141
Compton Renaissance Transit Lines 2, 4, 5
Items to bring:
- Driver’s license (must be 21 years of age)
- Proof of work authorization
- Employment authorization document (if applicable)
- K4 driving record dated within 30 days (obtainable from the DMV office, DMV kiosks and online)
- Lunch or snack (the hiring process can take up to five hours)
Please wear sturdy, close-toed shoes. Tennis shoes, work boots are highly recommended. Flats, sandals, heels and Crocs are not acceptable footwear when performing physical testing.
Great hourly pay
- You’ll earn $23.22/hour, plus room to grow (top rate for part-time is $35.45/hour and full-time is $42.57/hour after 5+ years).
- Metro offers medical and dental insurance, plus retirement plan options.
Full-time or part-time
- Choose the option that works best for you.
- Receive trainings and tuition assistance to move up in your career.
Good luck! Thanks again for your interest in a career at Metro.
For more information, visit metro.net/hiring or contact the Metro Employment Office at 213.922.6217. Metro is an equal opportunity employer.
*Conditional job offers are final after you pass a background check and drug test; conditions apply and subject to change.