- This event has passed.
Bus Operator Hiring Event
August 27, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
If you are 21 years old or older and interested in becoming a Metro bus operator, don’t miss our one-day hiring event on Saturday, August 27. Staff will be conducting same-day interviews, bus operator candidate assessment testing and background checks – all in one day! Successful candidates can secure a conditional job offer.*
Free onsite parking is available or Go Metro: bus lines 154, 156, 167, 656 and J Line; rail B Line
Items to bring:
> Driver’s license (must be 21 years of age)
> Proof of work authorization
> Employment authorization document (if applicable)
> K4 driving record dated within 30 days (obtainable from the DMV office, DMV kiosks and online)
> Lunch or snack (the hiring process can take up to five hours)
Please wear flat, closed-toe shoes
Metro offers a $3,000 sign-on bonus** (terms and conditions apply), great hourly pay and full benefits, such as:
- Great hourly pay: You’ll earn $23/hour, plus room to grow (top rate is $42.07/hour after 5.5 years).
- Full benefits: Metro offers medical and dental insurance, plus retirement plan options.
- Full-time or part-time: Choose the option that works best for you.
- Professional development: Receive trainings and tuition assistance to move up in your career.
- Free Metro transit pass: For you and your dependents
For more information, visit metro.net/hiring or contact the Metro Employment Office at 213.922.6217. Metro is an equal opportunity employer.
*Conditional job offers are final after you pass a background check and drug test; conditions apply and subject to change.
**New bus operators, hired on or after December 1, 2021, can earn a sign-on bonus, in the following amounts (terms and conditions are subject to change):
- $1,500 upon passing probation
- $1,500 awarded on the one-year anniversary of your hire date