Metro's Community Education Team is excited to offer the Metro Student Field Trip Program to LA County Schools, grades 1-12. The program provides students, faculty and chaperones access to 21 approved destinations on Metro bus and/or rail service.
- Online curriculum must be completed before requesting a field trip;
- Field trips are limited to groups of 40, including chaperones;
- The student-to-adult ratio is 1 adult per 10 students;
- Students are limited to one field trip per school year;
- Field trips are limited to the 21 approved locations only. Custom trips are not offered;
- No children under five years of age are permitted;
- No strollers allowed while on field trip;
- Trips are only available Monday – Friday, 10am to 2pm;
- Field trip requests must be made three weeks in advance to field trip date and submitted through the online curriculum only;
- Field trips are first come, first served and are limited to a total of five per day; and
- All student and adult participants will be issued appropriate fare media to ride the system.