New schedules effective December 10, 2017
Bus Service Modifications
The following route changes will improve connectivity, on-time performance, and expand service.
- 2/302/602 - To improve service reliability, Line 2 will now operate only between Downtown LA and Westwood. At the corner of Westwood Bl and Le Conte Av, connections will be made to a new Line 602 shuttle for destinations west on Sunset Bl to Pacific Coast Highway. The new Line 602 shuttle will terminate in Westwood at Wilshire Bl and Veteran Av, providing new connections for outer Sunset Bl patrons to Metro Lines 20 and 720, and Line 788.
- 92/292 - Due to passenger demand, Lines 92 and 292 will be combined during peak hours to provide a one seat ride from Sylmar Metrolink Station to Downtown LA. During the midday, every other bus will terminate at the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station. Transfers to lines serving Burbank Station can be made on First St and Olive Av. Service frequency on both lines and late night service on Line 92 will remain unchanged.
- 230/234 - The route of Lines 230 and 234 will be modified to terminate at a new terminal inside Mission College’s East Campus. The new terminal will provide improved access for college students. Service will be discontinued on the existing turnaround loop using Hubbard St, Simshaw Av, and Sayre St.
- 16/17/18/316/720 - Will return to regular EB route. The routes will operate east on 6th St to Flower St and resume regular routes to the eastern terminus.
- 442/460/910/950 - Will return to regular NB route. The routes will operate north on Figueroa St, east on 6th St and resume regular routes to the northern terminus.
- 534 - The route of Line 534 will be modified in Downtown Santa Monica to improve connections with the Expo Line. The last stop will now be on 5th St just before Colorado Av making it more convenient to walk to the Expo Line.
Late Night and Owl Modifications
Late night owl service changes listed below will provide new services and improve late night connections.
- 2 - Late night and owl trips have been modified to improve connections to owl buses in Downtown LA.
- 28 - Due to very low patronage, the last three owl trips departing Downtown LA at 2:12am, 3:12am and 4:12am to Verdugo/Eagle Rock will be discontinued, as well as trips departing Eagle Rock at 1:41am, 2:41am and 3:41am for Downtown LA. Patrons destined to/from Eagle Rock may use Line 83.
- 38/37 - The current Lines 37/38 one-way loop owl service, operating west on Adams Bl and east on Jefferson Bl from Crenshaw to Downtown LA will be replaced by a new bi-directional service on Adams Bl operating from Downtown LA to the Washington/Fairfax Transit Hub, providing a new connection to the Line 217 owl service.
- 45 - Service on Avalon Bl between Rosecrans Av and Del Amo Bl in Carson will no longer be provided from midnight to 4am. Instead, Line 246 on Avalon Bl will begin 24 hour service with connections to the Metro Silver Line at Harbor Gateway Transit Center. Line 45 late night owl trips will continue to provide service between Downtown LA and Rosecrans Av.
- 162/656 - Line 656 owl service will be extended north over the route of Line 162 from the North Hollywood Red Line Station to Sherman Way and Van Nuys Bl, connecting with a new Line 233 owl service on Van Nuys Bl. Line 233 – Buses will now operate 24-hours, every day. The additional trips will provide connections to new late night service improvements on Lines 234, 656 and the Metro Orange Line.
- 217 - Late night and owl trips have been modified to improve connections to buses in Downtown LA. Buses will make timed connections at Sunset Bl and Vermont Av for continuation to and from Downtown LA.
- 234 - One additional northbound trip leaving Expo Sepulveda Station at 1:04am and UCLA at 1:18am will be added late at night to improve evening travel from Westwood to the San Fernando Valley, making connections to new owl services on Lines 233, 656, and Metro Orange Line. In addition, due to late night and early morning noise complaints, select trips will begin and end service at Foothill Bl and Sayre St in Sylmar.
- 246 - New owl service trips will be operated hourly to/from San Pedro and the Harbor Gateway Transit Center, making connections to the Silver Line.
- 656 - Late night/owl service on Line 656 will be routed to serve the Universal City/Studio City Station Transit Center, then operate north on Lankershim Bl to Sherman Way. The route will then continue westbound on Sherman Way, north on Van Nuys Bl and resume its regular route to Tobias Av and Parthenia St terminal. The route south of Universal City/Studio City Station to Hollywood will remain unchanged.