Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
25. Operations Employee of the Month.
26. RECEIVE report on System Safety, Operations and Security.
27. RECEIVE AND FILE the monthly update on the transit policing contract.
A. approving an increase in the Life-of-Project (LOP) for Fare Gate Project 210090 in the amount of $300,000 increasing the LOP from $9,495,000 to $9,795,000 for “agency costs” (e.g. preliminary engineering analysis) associated with work connected to the Fare Gate Project;
B. discussing and approving options presented below:
1. approving an increase in LOP for Fare Gate Project 210090 in the amount of $58,500 to implement a virtual gate configuration pilot at Van Nuys and Reseda station on the Orange Line; or
2. approving an increase in LOP budget for Fare Gate Project 210090 in the amount of $153,000 to perform a detailed engineering analysis at all Orange Line stations (Physical Layout, Equipment Quantities Analysis, and Queuing Analysis); and
3. approving an increase in LOP for Fare Gate Project 210090 in the amount of $4.9 million to implement fare gate Scheme A at three aerial stations on Expo Phase 1; or
4. approving an increase in LOP for Fare Gate Project 210090 in the amount of $6.2 million to implement fare gate Scheme B at three aerial stations on Expo Phase 1.
A. receiving and filing report on service changes approved by the Service Councils for the June 2014 service change program; and
B. adopting the finding of the Title VI evaluation of the major changes included in the June 2014 Service Change program.
30. REVIEW AND CONSIDER approval of the draft Metro System Safety and Operations Committee charter.
31. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION