Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
25. RECEIVE report on System Safety and Operations and Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
26. RECEIVE report on ACCESS Services.
28. AWARD a firm fixed priced contract under RFP No. PS 14643045 to STV, Incorporated, the highest rated proposer for engineering design and services for the repair and replacement of the Patsaouras Plaza Paver System in an amount not-to-exceed $607,918.
29. AWARD a seven-year, firm fixed unit rate contract under RFP No. PS14643013 with Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc., Elevator and Escalator Division, the highest rated proposer for the Gateway Headquarters building elevators and escalators services for an amount not-to-exceed $3,852,225.
A. finding that there is only a single source of procurement to upgrade the Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) Manager Computer System and purchase of the upgraded system is for the sole purpose of replacing the computer systems already in use. The Board hereby authorizes the purchase of a replacement computer system pursuant to Public Utilities Commission Code 130237.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE)
B. awarding a firm fixed price contract to Dematic for the replacement of Metro's ASRS Manager Computer System for an amount not to exceed $931,757.
31. AWARD a non-competitive five-year firm fixed unit rate Contract No. OP33673154, to Graffiti Shield, Inc., to provide stainless steel anti-graffiti film installation and replacement services for all Metro facilities in an amount not-to-exceed $19,580,046, inclusive of two option years, effective February 3, 2014.
32. AWARD a 24-month, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 14-0011 to Muncie Reclamation & Supply, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for Pulse Width Stepper valves for an amount not to exceed $1,482,906 inclusive of sales tax and a one year option.
33. AWARD a firm, fixed price contract PS12643036R to JKP, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, after application of the SBE preference, for Gateway building carpet replacement for a firm, fixed price of $1,384,314.
34. APPROVE the continuation of the "Silver2Silver" demonstration program between Metro Silver Line and Foothill Transit Silver Streak based on results of the one year demonstration.
35. RECEIVE AND FILE response to the Motion by Directors Yaroslavsky, O'Connor and Najarian on the feasibility to provide gate latching at all station, including at-grade stations:
A. Expo Phase 1: Perform detailed engineering analysis (Physical Layout, Quantities Analysis, Queuing Analysis, and Exit Calculations) for eight at-grade stations. Metro has provided a cost estimate of $90,000 to complete the study;
B. Expo Phase 1: Implement fare gates at three aerial stations. Metro has provided a Rough Order of Magnitude Estimate (ROM) of $4.6 to $4.7 million;
C. Expo Phase 2: Perform detailed engineering analysis (Physical Layout, Quantities Analysis, Queuing Analysis, and Exit Calculations) for three at-grade stations. The Expo Construction Authority has provided a ROM estimate of $75,000 to complete the analysis;
D. Expo Phase 2: A separate Board Action will be submitted in January 2014 requesting authorization to implement fare gates at the 4th Street Terminus Station in Downtown Santa Monica; and
E. Foothill Gold Line Extension Phase 2A: Perform detailed engineering analysis (Physical Layout, Quantities Analysis, Queuing Analysis, and Exit Calculations) for six at-grade stations. The Foothill Construction Authority has provided a ROM estimate of $70,000 to complete the analysis.
36. RECEIVE oral follow up to issues from the November 21, 2013 Citizen's Advisory Committee presentation.
37. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION