Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order:
Ara Najarian, Chair
José Huizar, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- Metro Operations Employee of the Month.
- RECEIVE the Transit Operations report.
- RECEIVE report on System Safety.
- RECEIVE report on Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
- WITHDRAWN -- RECEIVE oral report on Metro's change of culture, procedures and expectations dealing with accidents.
- RECEIVE oral activities update from Citizens' Advisory Council.
- APPROVE the "Bus2Bus" program between Metro Silver Line and Foothill Transit Silver Streak contingent upon Foothill Transit Board approval on April 27, 2012.
- extending the Transit Service Operation Agreement between LACMTA and the City of Glendale for the Glendale Beeline Route 3 for an additional five years;
- extending the Transit Service Operation Agreement between LACMTA and the City of Los Angeles for Dash 601, Dash 602 and Commuter Express 422 for an additional five years;
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer or his designee to negotiate and execute all necessary agreements between LACMTA and the City of Glendale for funding approval; and
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer or his designee to negotiate and execute all necessary agreements between LACMTA and the City of Los Angeles for funding approval.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on the proposed changes to Access Services' Free Fare Program Policy as it relates to personal care attendants.
- APPROVE the amount budgeted for Access Services in FY13 an increase of $6,962,500 (13.93%) for a total of $56,962,500 in Proposition C Discretionary (Prop C 40%) funding to provide the mandated paratransit service as well as the Free Fare and Travel Training Programs which are above the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) regulations.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on Traveler's Aid in Union Station. (CARRIED OVER FROM MARCH SYSTEM SAFETY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE status report in response to the Board motion on Metro's security systems; facility maintenance improvements at rail stations and park and ride lots; and the utilization of parking.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report providing a summary of a Metro Blue Line service interruption on Thursday February 23, 2012.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION