Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Mel Wilson, Chair
Ara J. Najarian, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
Budget Public Hearing
1. FY2013 Proposed Budget.
- Opening Remarks.
- Open Public Hearing.
2. CONSIDER recommending: DUBOIS/KNABE MOTION
- Adoption of the proposed FY13 budget as presented in the budget document;
- Approval of the life-of-project budget for all new capital projects as presented in the proposed budget document including 11 new projects with a life-of-project budget over $5.0 million;
- Amendment of the proposed budget to add 51 non-contract and 3 represented full time equivalents (FTE's) and $10.8 million in additional wages and benefits. The FTE's are needed to maintain critical infrastructure, maintain ticket vending machines on Expo Line and Orange Line extension, support Measure R and deferred maintenance capital projects, implement Express Lanes, comply with civil rights regulations and enhance safety and fulfill public art requirement for Measure R Transit projects;
- Amendment of the proposed budget to increase expenditures by $36.7 million for projects and programs. These projects were previously approved by the Board but were submitted for inclusion in the budget after the budget request submission deadline;
- Amendment of the proposed budget to add $1 million in Communications to promote ridership to the new services for Expo Light Rail, Orange Line Canoga extension and improved Metro Rail services in headway reduction and extended late night service. Inter-agency transfer sales are expected to grow due to the added services and the Title VI translation and communication contract is also anticipated to increase;
- Approval of the Reimbursement Resolution declaring Metro intention to issue debt in FY13 for capital projects. Debt issuance will require separate Board approval; and
- Authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a salary within the pay range for the Chief Operations Officer position, pay grade CC ($190,621-$234,708-$278,793).