Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Monday, April 30, 2012 10:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Antonio Villaraigosa, Chair
Michael Antonovich, 1st Vice Chair
Diane DuBois, 2nd Vice Chair
Ara J. Najarian
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- CONSIDER the following actions related to P3010 Light Rail Vehicles:
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a 53 month, firm fixed price contract under Request for Proposal No. P3010, to Kinkisharyo International, LLC for the manufacturing and delivery of 78 light rail vehicles (LRV), in the amount of $299,061,827 for the base contract buy, exclusive of four Contract Options totaling 157 LRVs;
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute up to four Contract Options to Contract P3010, for a total delivery of 157 LRVs, in an aggregate amount of $591,080,448, for a total Contract Not-to-Exceed amount of $890,142,275, not including allowable contract escalation;
- approving an increase of $6,940,000 in the life-of-project budget for CP#206035 – Light Rail Vehicle Procurement (P3010) from $335,410,000 to $342,350,000; and
- finding that to award Kinkisharyo International is the best value and is most advantageous to Metro. The recommended price addresses all contract requirements and represents the best overall value when all RFP evaluation factors are considered, including clear advantages in technical compliance, schedule risk and project management. The offer also commits to the sizable creation of new U.S. jobs to produce the P3010 LRV.
- RECEIVE public comment.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION