Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to order:
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Chief Executive Officer – Arthur T. Leahy
Board Secretary - Michele Jackson
Ethics Officer - Karen Gorman
Acting Inspector General – Karen Gorman
General Counsel - County Counsel
- APPROVE Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held May 24, 2012.
- ADOPT the Codes of Conduct to regulate SAFE’s operations and business practices and the use of the MTA/PTSC personnel in the positions of Chief Ethics Officer, Inspector General and MTA’s Legal Counsel to perform the duties as delineated within the Codes.
- ADOPT the Fiscal Year 2013-2014 (FY14) budget in the amount of $13,229,392 for the operation and administration of the Los Angeles County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies (SAFE). This budget amount includes the annual funding allocations to:
- the agreement with the Public Transportation Services Corporation (PTSC) for direct labor support in the amount of $1,701,292; and
- the agreement with the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) for Freeway Service Patrol (FSP) in the amount of $1,500,000.
- RECEIVE Public Comment.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Board subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN BOARD’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION