Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Pam O’Connor, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
21. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a cost-plus-fixed-fee contract No. PS2451-3172 to HDR Engineering, Inc. for the Southern California Regional Interconnector Project engineering services for an amount not to exceed $31,000,000. This contract is base of four years plus two one-year options.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to award a 13-month, cost-plus-fixed-fee Contract No. PS4720-3235 to WKE, Inc. for the State Route 60/Interstate 605 Corridor Project Study Report-Project Development Support PSR-PDS, in an amount not to exceed $2,698,109; and
B. authorizing the CEO to execute individual contract modifications as required, not to exceed 15% of the total contract amount to cover the cost of any unforeseen issues that may arise during the performance of the contract.
23. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. authorize the use of Prop A/C General Administration as a funding source for Metro's contribution to the Southern California Air Quality Management District's zero emission truck demonstration project;
B. establish Metro's budget as $2 million for the project;
C. include $750,000 in the FY 15 budget for this effort; and
D. enter into a Funding Agreement with the SCAQMD for Metro's participation in the project.
A. approving the initiation of the 2015 Countywide Call for Projects process; and
B. receiving and filing the report on the 2013 Call For Projects Survey.
A. adopting First/Last Mile Strategic Plan;B. approving staff recommendation for first/last mile pilot station locations;
C. directing staff to seek Active Transportation Program funds for pilot station implementation; and
D. directing staff to develop a multi-year plan for consideration in future years’ budgets. [HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON AD-HOC SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE)
A. approving programming of up to $23.2 million from fiscal year 2013 federal Department of Homeland Security – Transit Security Grant Program and state Proposition 1B Transit Security Grant Program funds that are available for eligible capital transit projects; and
B. adopting the required FY 2013 resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute any actions necessary for obtaining state financial assistance that the California Emergency Management Agency may provide.
A. approving amendments to Metro’s Active Transportation Program (ATP) transition policy that will:
1. define the assignment of an additional ten points to projects previously selected through Metro’s Call for Projects process, as required to comply with ATP statute SB 99 by June 30, 2014;
2. require that any other projects proposed to receive these additional points be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Metro Board of Directors no later than its meeting of May 22, 2014 and only when preceded by a formal recommendation of Metro’s Chief Planning Officer; and
3. delete portions associated with SCAG’s accelerated funding proposal due to its omission from the final California Transportation Commission ATP Guidelines.
B. receiving and filing staff’s responses to the Board motion adopted with February, 2014 Item 20 on the ATP. [HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON AD-HOC SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE)
28. RECEIVE AND FILE report on:
A. a potential new 96th Street connection station;
B. the feasibility of relocating the Los Angeles World Airport’s (LAWA) planned Intermodal Transportation Facility over Metro’s future Southwest Maintenance Facility; and
C. the monthly status report on the Airport Metro Connector and the ongoing planning and coordination between Metro and LAWA.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
29. RECEIVE AND FILE update on the Regional Bike Share program as requested at the January 2014 Board Meeting.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
30. RECEIVE AND FILE the Regional Rail update through March 2014.
31. WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE oral report on Highway Program Project Budget and Schedule Status.
32. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION