Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mike Bonin, Chair
Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Phillip Washington, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
19. APPROVE Design Option 3 for the S track alignment to accommodate the future Airport Metro Connector transit station.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
20. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a Funding Agreement for $1,000,000 with Caltrans to conduct noise studies on the freeway system.
A. approving the updated Project Lists for Measure R Highway Subregional Program (MRHSP) including:
1. Highway Operational Improvements in Arroyo Verdugo sub region;
2. Highway Operational Improvements in Las Virgenes/Malibu sub region;
3. Interstate 405, I-110, I-105 and SR-91 Ramp and Interchange Improvements (South Bay);
4. State Route 138 Capacity Enhancements;
5. Interstate 605 Corridor "Hot Spots" Interchanges;
6. Interstate 710 South and/or Early Action Projects; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute all necessary agreements for approved projects.
B. adopting Locally Preferred Alternative 2 from the PSRE to advance into the Final Environmental Document. [HANDOUT]
A. programming $116,000 in new Measure R 3% funds to the Vincent Grade/Acton Station Second Platform and Siding Extension Project (Vincent Project);
B. reprogramming $275,000 in cost savings from the Antelope Valley Line Infrastructure Improvement Strategic Plan (AVL Study) to the Vincent Grade/Acton Station Second Platform and Siding Extension Project (Vincent Project);
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer, or his designee, to negotiate and execute all agreements necessary for this action.
A. approving updated countywide light rail yard cost allocation percentages and amounts; and
B. allocating costs to projects accordingly. [HANDOUT]
25. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to commit up to $10.8 million in local matching funds to facilitate competitive match packages for submittal of two grant applications for the "Rail to Rail Active Transportation Corridor (ATC) Connector Project” a segment of the Rail to River Intermediate ATC Project:
A. $8.4 million in additional local funds will be applied for a hard match for a grant request in the amount of $9.6 million through the Caltrans Division of Local Assistance Active Transportation Program (ATP) Grant funding program. Total project cost for Segment A-1 (3.6 miles) is estimated to be $18. million, including estimated remaining right-of-way (ROW) easement acquisition costs;
B. $10.8 million in local match funds, which includes remaining estimated ROW easement acquisition costs, will be applied as part of a local match package for a grant request in the amount of $21.3 million through the Department of Transportation (DOT) Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery Act (TIGER) VII grant program. Project cost for the full length of Segment A, inclusive of Segment A-1, A-2, and A-3 (6.4 miles) is estimated to be $32.1 million, and includes estimated construction costs and estimated ROW easement acquisition costs. Preconstruction activities in the amount of $2.8 million previously funded by the Board are excluded from these estimates; and
C. receive and file update on Rail to River study.
26. RECEIVE oral report on the I-210 Connected Corridor Pilot Program.
27. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION