Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mike Bonin, Chair
Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Stephanie Wiggins, Interim Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
16. RECEIVE AND FILE the Central Los Angeles, Las Virgenes/Malibu Council of Governments, North County Transportation Coalition, San Fernando Valley COG, San Gabriel Valley COG, South Bay Cities COG and Westside Cities COG subregions’ Mobility Matrices to be used for future planning efforts. [HANDOUT]
17 . WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a Funding Agreement for $1,000,000 with Caltrans to conduct noise studies on the freeway system in Los Angeles County.
18. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a Programming/Funding Agreement with Caltrans to program an additional $10,279,000 for the I-10 High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes Project from Citrus Avenue to SR-57.
A. approving the updated Project Lists for Measure R Highway Subregional Program including:
i. Highway Operational Improvements in Arroyo Verdugo subregion;
ii. Highway Operational Improvements in Las Virgenes/Malibu subregion;
iii. Interstate 405, I-110, I-105 and SR-91 Ramp and Interchange Improvements (South Bay);
iv. State Route 138 Capacity Enhancements;
v. Interstate 605 Corridor "Hot Spots" Interchanges;
vi. Interstate 710 South and/or Early Action Projects; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute all necessary agreements for approved projects.
B. approving the use of 2014 ATP policy for applying up to 10 points to ATP applications to reflect consistency with regional and local plans for the 2015 ATP.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute Joint Development, Construction and Funding Agreement and Reciprocal Easement Agreement and such other documents necessary to effectuate the transaction, consistent with the Term Sheet, with NREA-TRC 700 LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, ownership entity of The Bloc or its designee for the design, construction, operation, maintenance and funding of a pedestrian passageway between 7th Street/Metro Center Station, consistent with the Term Sheet;
B. authorizing the Life of Project (LOP) Budget of $4,650,000 for The Bloc/Metro Connection; and
C. amending the FY2016 proposed budget by adding $4,250,000, in the Construction & Engineering Department, establishing a new capital project, as a portion of the LOP Budget approved on item (B).
22. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the accommodations to the Crenshaw/LAX line for the Airport Metro Connector transit station project and response to questions raised at the March 19, 2015 Construction Committee. [HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
23. RECEIVE AND FILE case studies on:
A. Metro Orange Line Enhancements; and
(ALSO ON SYSTEM SAFETY, SECURITY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
24. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on Countywide Bus Rapid Transit activities including the advanced technical studies for the Vermont and North Hollywood to Pasadena corridors, as well as the Bus Rapid Transit Symposium held on March 24, 2015.
25. RECEIVE AND FILE the Regional Rail update through March 2015.
26. WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE oral report on the I-210 Connected Corridor Pilot Program.
27. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION