Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mike Bonin, Chair
Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
A. programming $8,000,000 in Measure R 3% funds for the Grade Crossing Improvements at Ramona Boulevard, Citrus Avenue, and CP Soledad Speed Increase Projects; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer, or his designee, to negotiate and execute all agreements necessary for this action.
11. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute and enter into the following amendments:
A. an amendment to Metro’s existing Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with Taylor Yards, LLC, a development entity created by McCormack Baron Salazar for the development of an approximately 17.7-acre portion of Taylor Yard (Development Site) to:
1. allow Taylor Yards, LLC to subdivide a 4.8-acre portion of the Development Site (“Lot 2”) into two separate lots (“Lot 2A” and “Lot 2B”); and
2. change the scope of the proposed development for Lot 2 from a single-phase, 97 unit, for-sale condominium project to a phased development project containing 54 for-sale condominiums on Lot 2A and 41 affordable family apartments and one unrestricted manager’s unit on Lot 2B;
B. an amendment to Metro’s existing Common Area Ground Lease with Taylor Yard Master Association, the homeowners’ association created by McCormack Baron Salazar to oversee the Development Site’s common improvements to:
1. allow a 0.45-acre, triangular-shaped portion of the ground leased premises (Triangle Parcel) to be used as a construction staging area until the earlier of:
i. the date when all of the Development Site’s housing and retail projects are substantially complete; or
ii. the date that the JDA expires or is terminated
2. require that, thereafter, landscaped, passive open space be constructed on the Triangle Parcel instead of a community center and swimming pool for the residents of the Development Site.
12. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into a six-month “Short Term” Exclusive Negotiation Agreement (ENA) with an option to extend up to three additional months, with Bridge Housing Corporation/East LA Community Corporation (“Bridge/ELACC”), or an entity created by Bridge/ELACC, to conduct community outreach regarding two mixed-use real estate developments and to refine the project scope to be included in a full term ENA, for the Metro-owned property situated at and across the street from the Metro Gold Line Soto station.
13. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into a six-month “Short Term” Exclusive Negotiation Agreement (ENA), with an option to extend up to three additional months, with Abode Communities (“Abode”), or an entity created by Abode, to conduct community outreach regarding a mixed-use real estate development and to refine the project scope to be included in a full term ENA, for the Metro-owned property at East Cesar E. Chavez Avenue and North Soto Street.
A. approving the revised Transit Oriented Development Planning Grant Program Guidelines; and
B. approving the revised Lapsing Policy.
15. APPROVE the Resolution which:
A. authorizes the Chief Executive Officer or his designee to claim up to $7,140,233 in FY 2014-15 Low Carbon Transit Operations Program funds from California’s Cap-and-Trade Program’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund, including $5,875,784 in funding appropriated to Metro and up to $1,264,449 in funding appropriations to any other Los Angeles County eligible recipients which may opt not to claim their appropriation; and
B. identifies the projects for which LCTOP funds are to be claimed.
16. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the status of extending Metro Red/Purple Line service from the current terminus at Union Station to the eastern edge of Downtown Los Angeles along the west bank of the Los Angeles River to provide service to the expanding Arts District community.
17. RECEIVE AND FILE the quarterly status report on the Airport Metro Connector including:
A. initiation of environmental review;
B. procurement of architectural/engineering design services; and
C. refinement of the project implementation schedule in response to the July 2014 Board motion.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
18. RECEIVE AND FILE the Regional Rail update through February 2015.
19. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION