Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mike Bonin, Chair
Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
10. RECEIVE oral report on Three Eastside Joint Development Projects.
11. APPROVE finding that all 88 cities and the County of Los Angeles are in conformance with the Congestion Management Program for Los Angeles County.
12. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve the submission of two or more project applications for grant funds from California’s Cap-and-Trade Program’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund through the Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program. [HANDOUT]
A. approving the funding to Joint Management Council to reflect the programming of funds consistent with the Board approved FY 2014-15 Budget for Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) for Roof, HVAC and Restoration of Los Angeles Union Station:
i. Roof $7,080,000 (CIP 210136)
ii. HVAC $5,376,000 (CIP 210138)
iii. Restoration $8,500,000 (CIP 210139)
B. amending the FY2015 budget to add $7,505,687 to cost center 2210 with Prop C 40% funding to fund these action.
14. RECEIVE AND FILE monthly Regional Rail Update through December 2014.
15. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE:
A. programming $8,000,000 in Measure R 3% funds as local match for the Grade Crossing Improvements at Ramona Boulevard, Citrus Avenue, and CP Soledad Speed Increase Projects; and
B. the Chief Executive Officer, or his designee, to negotiate and execute all agreements necessary for this action.
49. CONSIDER Najarian Motion that all MTA non-contract, non-security positions, including those in process, be placed on hold until the new MTA CEO reviews and approves of such proposed hirings. For the hiring of those positions deemed critical and time-sensitive, approval shall be at the sole discretion of the MTA Ethics Officer.
16. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION