Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Pam O'Connor, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to amend the existing ground lease with One Santa Fe, LLC (the "Lessee") by executing three new ground leases to facilitate project development financing through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on the terms and conditions set forth in the Board report;
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Letter of Intent and a commercial sublease for 35,000 square feet of office/retail space with the Lessee to support future Metro operations training facilities and provide related general office and administrative uses on the terms and conditions, and thereby otherwise facilitate project development financing through the City of Los Angeles; and
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute any ancillary documents and take such other action as are necessary to otherwise carry out execution of the ground lease amendments and commercial sublease.
- establishing Proposition C Capital Reserve Accounts for:
- the City of Bell for $100,000;
- the City of Glendora for $898,464;
- the City of Lawndale for $500,000;
- Los Angeles County Unincorporated for $24,639,000;
- the City of Redondo Beach for $650,000; and
- the City of Walnut for $333,000.
- Amend the existing Proposition A and Proposition C Capital Reserve Accounts for:
- the City of Beverly Hills to extend the termination date and add an additional $1 million;
- extend the termination date for the City of Lawndale;
- add an additional $300,000, extend and amend the title of the existing Reserve Account for the City of Lomita;
- the City of Pasadena to extend the termination date for their Local Return funded project;
- extend the date of the existing Reserve Account for the City of Santa Monica; and
- extend the termination date, and amend the existing Reserve Account to add an additional $3.5 million for the City of Temple City
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute all necessary agreements between Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the Cities for their Capital Reserve Accounts as approved.
3. APPROVE preliminary project funding strategy for the 2011 Countywide Call for Projects.
4. APPROVE Caltrans design and construction for the SR-2 Terminus and authorize the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Contribution Agreement with Caltrans to transfer the TEA-21 Earmark Funds and for Caltrans to reimburse Metro up to $200,000 for future community outreach activities.
5. RECEIVE AND FILE the Antelope Valley Line Infrastructure Improvement Strategic Plan update for June 2011. (ALSO ON FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE)
6. RECEIVE AND FILE the report on the Union Station Master Plan Implementation Plan.
7. RECEIVE update on Regional Rail Matters.
8. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION