Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Pam O’Connor, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
10. RECEIVE AND FILE monthly status report on the Airport Metro Connector and the ongoing coordination between Metro and the Los Angeles World Airports.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
A. executing Contract Modification No. 2 to Contract No. PS4320-2897, Metro Gold Line Eastside Access – Unincorporated East Los Angeles, with AECOM Technical Services, Inc., (AECOM) to provide design and support services for a Calvary Cemetery Walking Path. This modification extends the term of the contract to one year to accommodate the additional design tasks in an amount not-to-exceed $375,795, increasing the total contract value from $1,524,498 to $1,900,293; and
B. approving additional Contract Modification Authority specific to Contract No. PS4320-2897 in the amount of $100,000. [HANDOUT]
1. the addition of one voting and one ex-officio (non-voting) Active Transportation member and alternate representing Bicycle and Pedestrian issues to Metro’s legislatively mandated Technical Advisory Committee (TAC); and
2. TAC by-laws as amended; and
B. receiving and filing:
3. clarification on the Metro Board’s role in determining the TAC’s composition and appointments; and
4. expansion of the role of the TAC’s Transportation Demand Management/Air Quality Subcommittee to include sustainability issues.
13. AWARD seven Contract Agreements under the Countywide Planning Research Bench No. PS4540-3200 with the contractors recommended for a three-year period with two one-year options beginning May 1, 2014 for professional services not-to-exceed a cumulative total value of $2 million.
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute all necessary agreements for approved projects.
1. Highway Operational Improvements in Arroyo Verdugo Subregion
2. Highway Operational Improvements in Las Virgenes/Malibu subregion
3. Interstate 405, 1-110, I-105 and SR-91 Ramp and Interchange Improvements (Southbay)
4. State Route 138 Capacity Enhancements
5. Interstate 605 Corridor "Hot Spots" Interchanges
6. Interstate 710 South and/or Early action Projects
15. RECEIVE AND FILE the report on the release of the Draft 2014 Short Range Transportation Plan for Los Angeles County for public review and comment.[HANDOUT]
40. RECEIVE oral report on Highway Program Budget and Schedule Status.
41. RECEIVE oral report from Caltrans regarding the transfer of Park and Ride lots to Metro.
42. APPROVE Motion by DUBOIS AND O’CONNOR that;
A. Staff conduct a formal survey among all cities within Los Angeles County to determine demand and desirability for a Community Investment Partnership Program (CIPP);
B. Metro staff work with the cities of Los Angeles County and representatives of Councils of Governments to refine provisions of the CIPP, including extending the program to all cities and unincorporated areas located within the County;
C. Staff is requested to determine what additional resources might be necessary to support this program on a Countywide basis; andD. Staff is to report back to the Board in 90 days with a final set of implementing recommendations.
16. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION