Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Pam O’Connor, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
13. WITHDRAWN: CONSIDER:
A. amending Attachment (D-1), Clarification on Project Eligibility for Highway Operational Improvement and Ramp/Interchange Improvements, of the Measure R Highway Program Funding Strategy, adopted by the Board at its October 14, 2009 meeting; and
B. clarifying that the amended Measure R Highway Program Funding Strategy, as recommended in Item A above, is applicable to all subregional "equity" funds specified in Item 84, Antonovich and Najarian Motion, approved at the June 2012 Board meeting, and any subsequent Measure R Highway Subregional "Equity" Programs approved by the Board thereafter.
14. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a cost-plus-fixed-fee Contract No. PS2415-3268 to RailPros, Inc. for the Van Nuys North Platform Project for an amount not-to-exceed $3,776,616, inclusive of options. This contract is for a base of two years plus three one-year options.
15. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
B. include $750,000 in the FY15 budget for this effort.
16. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 12 month, cost-plus-fixed-fee Contract No. RFP PS4720-3252 to V&A, Inc., for Environmental Clearance and Preliminary Engineering Services for Intersection Improvements in the City of Whittier, in an amount not-to-exceed $794,276.
17. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 12-month, cost-plus-fixed-fee Contract No. PS4720-3251 to PacRim Engineering, Inc., for Environmental Clearance and Preliminary Engineering Services for Intersection Improvements in the Cities of La Mirada, Santa Fe Springs, and Cerritos, in an amount not-to-exceed $592,884.
A. approving the conceptual approach to programming funds for the component parts of the former ARTI project;
B. approving the procurement concept, including scope, methods, and timing for the component parts of ARTI; and
C. authorizing the CEO to enter into agreements with Caltrans and the California Transportation Commission on major deal points for the I-5 North Express Lanes project.
19. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Memoranda of Understanding with the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) and the Ventura County Transportation Commission (VCTC) for Metro to provide regional rideshare services.
20. REVIEW AND CONSIDER approval of the draft Metro Planning and Programming Committee charter.
21. APPROVE the finding that all 88 cities and the County of Los Angeles are in conformance with the Congestion Management Program for Los Angeles County.
22. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the Congestion Management Program Stakeholder Workshop and next steps in meeting with stakeholders over the next several months.
23. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Airport Metro Connector and ongoing planning and coordination between Metro and Los Angeles World Airports.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
24. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION