Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Ara Najarian, Chair
Jose Huizar, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE the Transit Operations report. (Handout)
- Receive report on Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to exercise a negotiated two-month extension to Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) No. PS2610LASD with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department for transit community policing services; and
- executing Modification No. 4 MOU PS2610LASD to provide funding for FY12 transit community policing services for an amount not to exceed $10,940,422 for the period August 1, 2011 through September 30, 2011, and specified services in the amount of $227,461 for Access Services for the period of July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012; increasing the Total Contract Value from $138,167,828 to $149,335,711.
- ESTABLISH life-of-project budget of $9,000,000 for Metro Red Line Tunnel Lighting Rehabilitation, CP # 205066.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into an agreement with the Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA) for the exchange of fiber optic cable assets, and the approval of a Memorandum of Understanding under which LACMTA and SCRRA would define the fiber optic assets to be exchanged.
- finding that there is only a single source of procurement for Cummins 8.9 ISLG natural gas engines and installation kits, and purchase is for the sole purpose of duplicating the existing equipment already in use. The Board hereby authorizes the purchase of Cummins 8.9 ISLG natural gas engines and installation kits pursuant to Public Utilities Commission Code Section 130237; and
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to:
- award a firm fixed price contract to Cummins Cal Pacific, LLC, for the procurement of 90 Cummins 8.9 ISLG natural gas engines and 45 installation kits for an amount not to exceed $5,087,680 inclusive of sales tax.
- exercise an option with Cummins Cal Pacific, LLC to purchase up to 120 additional 8.9 ISLG natural gas engines and 165 installation kits subject to availability of funding for an amount not to exceed $9,777,542 inclusive of sales tax.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a three year fixed unit rate contract under RFP No. OP24122716 to Affiliated Computer Services, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible proposer, for citation processing services for an amount not to exceed $1,871,490 for all three years, inclusive of two one (1) year options.
- APPROVE the following nominee for membership on the San Gabriel Valley Governance Council:
Joseph Mosca – Re-appointment
Nominated by City of Sierra Madre.
Term Ending: June 30, 2014
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION