Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:15 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Michael Antonovich, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Stephanie Wiggins, Interim Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
34. RECEIVE report on System Safety, Security and Operations.
35. RECEIVE AND FILE the monthly update on transit policing performance.
36. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to increase Contract Modification Authority to Contract No. PS11643055 with the Sheridan Group to provide space planning, workstation acquisitions, installation services, and furniture from $500,000 to $1,500,000 for an increase of $1,000,000.
A. increasing the Life-of-Project Budget (LOP) for the Light Rail Vehicle Procurement (P3010) by $263,000,000, increasing the LOP budget from $709,000,000 to $972,000,000. This allows the Chief Executive Officer to exercise Options 2 (39 Vehicles) and 3 (21 Vehicles) of the P3010 contract as previously authorized;
B. amending and increasing FY16 annual budget in Cost Center 3043 in the amount of $34,500,000 for the mobilization costs associated with exercising Options 2 and 3; and
C. reducing LOP for CP 206044 (P2000 Refurbishment) by $30,000,000 and transfer funds to CP206035 for the mobilization costs associated in recommendation A & B above.
A. finding that a new bus procurement under Public Utilities Code §130232, lowest responsible bid requirement, does not consititute an adequate procurement method for LACMTA’s needs. The Board, pursuant to Public Contracts Code (PCC) §20217, hereby authorizes the procurement of up to 600 new replacement 40’ CNG transit buses by competitive negotiation; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to solicit a Best Value Request for Proposals for contracts to purchase new 40’ CNG buses as competitive negotiations pursuant to PCC §20217 and LACMTA’s Procurement Policies and Procedures.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
39. RECEIVE AND FILE case studies on:
A. Metro Orange Line Enhancements; and
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
40. RECEIVE oral update on clean fuel and biomethane utilization efforts.
41. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION