Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Michael Antonovich, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
22. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to increase the Contract Modification Authority to Contract No. PS12643059R with Global Power to provide Gateway Building emergency generator additions and upgrades from $216,245 to $966,245 for an increase of $750,000.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 15 to Contract No. PS26102156 with RMI International to provide private security services for the period April 1, 2015 through September 30, 2015 in the amount of $3,300,000, increasing the total contract value from $34,638,383 to $37,938,383;
B. and cancelling procurement No. PS2610-3117 for Private Security Services.
24. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to revise the Life-of-Project budget for contract CP 212023, Metro Security Kiosks, from $5,150,000 to $7,150,000, an increase of $2,000,000.
25. CONSIDER establishing a Life-of-Project budget for the Metro Information Security Improvement Program in the amount of $7,814,000. The FY16 portion is $860,000.
26. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Contract Modification No. 4 to Contract No. OP85102554, with Mitsubishi Electric and Electronics USA, Inc. for elevator/escalator maintenance and repair services throughout the Metro transit system facilities (excluding Gateway Building), to exercise option year two for the amount of $8,702,716. This contract amount consists of $27,271,675 for the three-year base period, $8,402,964 for the first option year and $8,702,716 for the second option year, for a combined total of $44,377,355.
27. CONSIDER authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. negotiate and execute a contract modification to Contract No. OP39603035 with ARINC, Inc. to supply Information Technology equipment that comply with the most current Metro Information and Technology Services Department recommended standards in an amount not-to-exceed $1,500,000 inclusive of sales tax. This action increases the total contract value from $9,697,765 to $11,197,765; and
B. purchase additional coverage on the existing $15,000,000 supplemental project insurance for 10 years after contact award in excess of ARINC limited liability in an amount not-to-exceed $225,000 inclusive of premium and fees. This action increases the total coverage cost from $774,000 to $999,000.
28. RECEIVE AND FILE report on efforts to open Expo Line Phase 2 and Gold Line Foothill Extension Phase 2A rail extensions.
29. RECEIVE AND FILE report in response to the January 2015 Board Motion #45 by Directors Garcetti, Dupont-Walker, Knabe and Solis concerning Metro’s plan of action to maximize competition of its procurements and expand opportunities for small business participation.
30. RECEIVE AND FILE update on the Metro Dodger Stadium Express.
32. RECEIVE OIG oral report on Preliminary Research of Zero Tolerance Policy for Red Light Violations on Metro Rail and Bus Systems.
33. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION