Location & Date
Metro Board Conference Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Michael Antonovich, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
21. RECEIVE report on System Safety, Security and Operations.
22. RECEIVE AND FILE monthly update on transit policing performance.
23. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. increase the Life-of-Project budget for the bus replacement project to include the purchase of 350 additional Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses for the FY16-18 capital program in the amount of $195,000,000 from $308,442,500 to $503,442,500; and
B. execute Contract Option No. 1 to Contract OP33202869 with New Flyer of America, to purchase 350 additional forty-foot CNG buses for the firm fixed price of $193,979,571, increasing the Total Contract Value from $304,672,769 to $498,652,341 inclusive of sales tax.
24. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to Execute Modification No. 8 to Contract No. OP33442103 for Right-of-Way (ROW) Trash and Vegetation Removal Services to Woods Maintenance Services in the amount of $2,975,000 increasing the not-to-exceed contract value from $14,633,946 to $17,608,946. This contract provides on-going maintenance services throughout Metro properties and ROWs. This modification extends the period of performance through September 30, 2015.
25. RECEIVE AND FILE response to Yaroslavsky and Krekorian motion regarding implementing fare gates at Orange Line stations.
26. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY15 Budget to add up to 34 positions, as shown below:
A. add 2 non-contract positions (Transportation Operations Manager and Assistant Transportation Operations Manager) to manage and plan for the integration of a new bus facility as well as daily operations activities once Division 13 opens for revenue service; and
B. add 32 contract positions to support the training and operation of both transportation and maintenance daily operations activities once Division 13 opens for revenue service.
27. RECEIVE AND FILE update on Consolidated Bus, Rail and Emergency Operations Control Center.
28. RECEIVE AND FILE report on proposed closure of Division 6, located at 100 Sunset Ave between Santa Monica Blvd and Venice Blvd, in the Venice Beach neighborhood in the City of Los Angeles. Closing Division 6 would significantly increase operating cost, and at the same time impair our ability to respond to bus and rail service problems.
29. RECEIVE oral report on ACCESS Services.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
30. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION