Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:00 p.m.
1. RECEIVE the Transit Operations report. (HANDOUT)
CONSENT CALENDAR (ITEMS 2 THROUGH 4):
2. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a two-year, firm fixed price unit rate contract under Bid No.10-0029 to Wabtec Passenger Transit, the single lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the overhaul of Metro Red Line heavy rail vehicle friction brake system equipment for an amount not to exceed $1,500,928.
3. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five and a half-year firm fixed price Contract No. OP39612514 to NextBus, Inc. for a real time bus arrival information system for an amount not to exceed $1,649,900, inclusive of two one-year options.
- finding that the bids received for lube trucks under Public Utilities Code section 130232 have been rejected and the lube trucks may be purchased at a lower price on the open market. The Board hereby authorizes purchase of those on the open market pursuant to Public Utilities Code section 130233; and
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price contract under IFB No. OP34342557 for an amount not to exceed $1,394,351, inclusive of sales tax.
(Requires 2/3 vote of the Board)
**END OF CONSENT CALENDAR**
- establishing life-of-project budget of $5,987,180 for the Metro Blue Line (MBL)/ Metro Green Line (MGL) Transit Passenger Information System, Capital Project (CP) #212010;
- approving reprogramming of $1,500,000 of project savings from CP# 210094, Metro Rail Gating to CP# 212010, MBL/MGL Transit Passenger Information System; and
- amending the FY11 budget to add $1,800,000 of expenses and revenues.
6. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 36-month, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 10- 0038 to The Jankovich Company, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for synthetic transmission oil for an amount not to exceed $3,821,533, inclusive of sales tax and two one-year options.
7. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
- A. award a five-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract beginning October 1, 2010 under RFP No. PS10642010, with Canon Business Solutions, Inc., the highest rated proposer for the lease and maintenance of multi-function peripherals, for convenience copying and document management services for an amount not to exceed $6,240,255, inclusive of estimated sales taxes; and
- B. award a five-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract beginning October 1, 2010 under RFP No. PS10642010, with SoCal Office Technologies, the highest rated proposer, for a one-year pilot test of print management services and four-years of additional service for an amount not to exceed $1,866,151, inclusive of estimated sales taxes.
- approving a Life of Project (LOP) for new Capital Project 212008 - Central Remote Monitoring System of Existing Bus Division CCTV System at USG Building in the amount $9,506,820. Transit Security Grant Program DHS 2009-RA-T9-K004 will fund $7,300,000 and Transit Security Grant Program 2008-RL-T8-K018 will fund $1,600,000 in equipment costs. Labor costs will be funded by TDA Article 4 in the amount of $606,820; and
- amending FY11 Budget in Cost Center 2610, System Security and Law Enforcement, in the amount of $811,197 for Central Remote Monitoring System of Existing Bus Division CCTV System at USG Building.
10. RECEIVE AND FILE a report discussing distance and time based fare policies.
11. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on P3010 Light Rail Vehicle Procurement.
12. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION