Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
35. Operations Employee of the Month.
37. AWARD a 24-month, firm-fixed price contract under Bid Number 14-0004 to NABI Parts LLC, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for bus window glass for an amount not to exceed $1,297,603 inclusive of sales tax and a one-year option.
38. AWARD design-build contracts pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242(a) that will achieve private sector efficiencies in the integration of the design, project work, and components for the Metro transit systems and facilities.
(REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS VOTE)
39. ESTABLISH Life-of-Project budget of:
A. $5,500,000 for the Metro Green Line Emergency Trip System Replacement; and
B. $1,500,000 for the Metro Green Line Negative Grounding Devices.
A. approving a Contract Modification to Contract No. P3010 with Kinkisharyo International, LLC for Request for Change(RFC) No. 1, for a firm fixed price of $861,695; increasing the total Contract value from $666,172,921 to $667,034,616;
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to negotiate and execute Contract Modifications for RFC Nos. 2, 3, 6 and 7 for an amount not to exceed $3,782,676; increasing the total Contract value from $667,034,616 to $670,817,292; and
C. authorizing the CEO to negotiate and execute with Kinkisharyo International, LLC future contract modifications to Contract No. P3010 for an amount not to exceed $1,000,000 for each contract modification.
41. APPROVE Motion by Director Yaroslavsky that the Board direct staff to:
A. prepare studies, tests and analysis for launching Line 588 an express bus connecting the San Fernando Valley and the Westside via the I-405 HOV lanes; and
B. report back on the status and progress of the preparations at the May 2014 full Board meeting.
42. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 10 to Contract No. PS2610LASD with the County of Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department to provide law enforcement services for up to one year for the period covering July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 in an amount not to exceed $88,048,420. This modification amount represents an increase of $4,192,782 over the current fiscal year.
44. RECEIVE oral Citizens Advisory Committee update.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
45. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION