Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Ara Najarian, Chair
Jose Huizar, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE the Transit Operations report (HANDOUT).
- RECEIVE report on Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
- RECEIVE oral activities update from Citizens' Advisory Council.
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 6 to Contract No. PS2610LASD with the County of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department (LASD) to provide law enforcement services for the period covering November 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 for an amount not to exceed $57,580,311. The total FY12 Transit Community Policing contract is $79,461,155;
- amending the FY12 budget to add 8 Metro Security Officer I and 1 Metro Security Officer II positions;
- amending the FY12 budget for Cost Center 2610, System Security and Law Enforcement in the amount of $16,296,691 to fund the remaining 8 months of service under the LASD contract; and
- amending the FY12 budget for Cost Center 2610, System Security and Law Enforcement in the amount of $300,000 in Special Events Overtime for Metro Transit Security Officers.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 36-month, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 11-0038 to Wabtec Passenger Transit, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the center truck brake discs for the P2000 Siemens vehicles for an amount not to exceed $1,322,352, inclusive of a one year option.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 60 month firm fixed price contract under Bid 11-0045 with Pinnacle Petroleum, Inc., the single responsive and responsible bidder for unleaded gasoline for an amount not to exceed $17,413,847, inclusive of sales tax and three one-year options.
- HUIZAR MOTION that the Board direct the CEO to report back on Metro's photo red light enforcement program, specifically the ability to enforce citations, the effectiveness in reducing accidents and unsafe driving behaviors, and whether engineering countermeasures should be implemented instead.
- RECEIVE AND FILE response to the various elements of the August 2011 Villaraigosa Motion, including bus service levels and the UFS, or Transit Access Pass (TAP) card.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on Contract Bus Service improvement status update. (HANDOUT)
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on the status of the Metro Bus Service Monitoring Program.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION