Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector
General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE Measure R Program update: (HANDOUT)
- Highway Program
- Rail Projects
- Local Return/Metrolink
- ADOPT the Fiscal Responsibility Policy for Measure R Capital Project Contingency Funds, summarized as follows:
- projects with Measure R savings at project close-out must first apply such savings to reimbursing the Contingency Funds in the Measure R Expenditure Plan for any debt service (excluding principal) that were used for the project;
- projects that are accelerated relative to their Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) schedule must include that portion of debt service (excluding principal) that was necessary to support cash flow needs in advance of the LRTP-planned cash flow needs;
- sales tax forecast revisions for the Transit and Highway Sub-Funds within Measure R will be met by revising the available Capital Project Contingency Funds, and not by revising the Measure R project minimum amounts; and
- Measure R debt service (excluding principal) to be repaid from the Contingency Funds may not exceed the levels forecasted to be necessary in the LRTP.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT ANDN AUDIT COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (Draft EIS/EIR) public Scoping process and subsequent community outreach efforts for the High Desert Corridor.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on status of construction of I-5 Orange County Line to I-605 Widening.
(HANDOUT) (ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION